14 January 2010

Other Cultures Findings......

Before we leave New York we went to the Natural History Museum. It was great to go there! It is such a nice place to see. I love going there and looking at everything. No matter how long you spend I feel that the next time you go you always miss something to see or to read.

This time was helpful because like I said in an earlier post I was able to gather photo research for my thesis. Since I am planning on creating a game of sorts for children with autism and their families I will need to use picto-grams as they do in education and in therapy. Being able to see other cultures interpretations of animals, and facial expressions was great! I feel that it helped a lot in getting a better understanding of how simple these graphics could get and what little details to make sure to keep in mind.







2 comments:

Unknown said...

Great thinking here. i love how you stepped out of the box to find additional inspiration for symbols!

Cassandra Cappello said...

Thanks! I really liked finding things. I gave me some good ideas and much you can simplify things!